Saturday, November 17, 2007

Change of Season In New York City

Here's a bridge in Central Park looking very Fallular. A few steps away, the Wollman Rink was already full of skaters. A few steps beyond that, the fountain in front of the Plaza Hotel was waterless and stuffed with Christmas trees. And, here is a detail from the fabulous holiday windows at Bergdorf Goodman, just a few steps beyond the Plaza. All of these taken today, the seventeenth day of November, 2007, and the postcard quality and the "David Davidson" coloration is intentional. (We returned in the evening and photographed each of the windows of Bergdorf Goodman. The relections in daylight make them impossible to capture.) I think I'll post one of those a day and we can all be done with the festive stuff even before Thanksgiving. (Click to feel it.)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are wonderful! New York is captured at its peak of fall beauty. We have already lost all our leaves here, and now everything just seems naked and waiting for snow. I love good display windows, and Bergdorf doesn't disappoint. Wish I was strolling the Avenues of NYC this fall shopping for those I love, instead of Michigan Avenue and State Street. Macy's has single handedly destroyed the joy I used to feel in viewing the Christmas windows of the once proud Marshall Field's. I wish I could regift Macy's back to New York, and pretend it had never disgraced my home. Bergdorf, Sach's, Bloomingdales, oh but for a grand flagship store like NYC's instead of the frontier outpost versions we have here. I feel a road trip forming.