Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tomorrow on Bilerico: "Where To Find Sex and Love"

You'll have to go to Bilerico tomorrow after 10:30AM for my response to the following:

Hey there,

I’m a teacher is Madison Wisconsin who is ready for a change. I’ve been vacationing for many years in Fort Lauderdale ever since my partner died. I think that is where I want to be and I have an opportunity to do this. I am hesitating because I think I know only what an outsider knows about the city and this move could be a big mistake. Is it true the men are interested only in sex, booze and drugs and can‘t handle relationships? Would I be moving into a city of burn-outs? I’m OK with being single but love would be nice. I can be alone here in Wisconsin, so I don’t need to move to Florida for that. Got any advice for me?

Wisconsinner


Update: It's up. Get on it.

4 comments:

Spouse Walker said...

He can marry me. I happen to be easy.

Anonymous said...

So true, so well written and beautiful.

Piers Gaveston Jr said...

Your answer was written from the perspective of New York and South Florida. Those two venues are not the same as Madison, WI.
I have lived most of my life in Atlanta. This is a regional center for the south, and I have met people from countless small towns. They move here because they are tired of small town life. In the case of wisCAHNsun, there is the virtue of escaping brutal winters.
Much of what you said is true. However, the fact is, the more people you have to choose from, the better your chances are. You just might improve your lot in life by moving out of Madison.

Paris said...

You are right about the value of blooming wherever you are planted, but I'm with Piers about the numbers gaming being a numbers game in small towns (& in larger towns in certain parts of the country).

But I'll report back because I am moving from my small city in the south to West Hollywood and am very excited about the jump in numbers.