Monday, September 07, 2009

The End of Summer on Fire Island

Yesterday, we accompanied Joe and Jerry to a place we've never seen. Here are some pictures of our trip. There were deer, drag queens, bars, rustic ways, wooden houses, celebrities, bloggers, friends and hordes of extremely young men drinking drinks.

Apparently, we attended a "White Diamonds" themed party at a private home with an open floor plan and a gracious host. It has been erroneously reported that I was accused of cutting in the bathroom line. Actually, Jerry was the accusee. I brokered the peaceful settlement that braided the two lines, but not before the principal protester screamed "I know it doesn't show because of the botox but I'm really very angry about this." As he gladly repeated the effortlessly angry expression for the benefit of the camera, his companion whispered to me "You so have to Facebook this. His name is Scott Penney." It was a pleasure to meet you, Scott.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Botox--ugh--and he admits to it! might as well have a plastic blow-up doll.

Tony Adams said...

Dear Anonymous,
He is way too young to need botox. I assumed he was making a joke that served to resolve the tension that briefly arose among those in line. He was actually a very sociable, handsome and funny man. I don't think it's fair to diss him. The ability to laugh at ourselves is admirable.

Jeffrey said...

Those eyebrows. Hmm.

Jay said...

OMG I crashed that party too! Went home with someone from there, but sometimes i wish I would've stayed and enjoyed the party even more.

j

Birdie said...

He is cute (and hilarious), but I like Joe's picture of you and the Baad Lamb.

RawForReal said...

Good Lord! I haven't been to Fire Island in Centuries. Having seen (and having remembered) all the great times there, I'm SOOOO jealous right now!